Our Family House is reserved for individuals who are in desperate need of a safe haven from emotional and financial hardship as a result of a family healthcare crisis. A caregiver MUST accompany the out-patient chemotherapy/out-patient kidney transplant patient while staying with us.
Whether you need a night or two or a long-term stay, we will do everything we can to accommodate and support you at no cost.
The only thing we ask of our families is to make a small contribution of $25 per night at our House, to help offset the actual cost of ($50) per night. We promise to never turn any family away due to an inability to donate. Your donations allow us to uphold this promise and cover these costs.
Martha’s Vineyard Family House offers:
- Comfortable lodging
- Well-stocked pantry
- Free laundering facility
- Short and long-term stays
- Handicap accessible chair lift
- Centrally located to major area hospitals and located near rehabilitation & hospice facilities
WE SERVE PATIENTS OR FAMILIES OF PATIENTS WHO:
- Are admitted in an inpatient trauma ward such as the Intensive Care Unit or Critical Care Unit
- Are admitted for end-of-life care in a Palliative Unit or Hospice Care
- Are hospitalized as a result of an emergency or trauma
- Are transferred to one of our area rehabilitation hospitals or in-patient skilled nursing centers.
- Live greater than 30 miles from Pensacola, Florida
- Are here in our area hospitals as a result of a kidney transplant and their loved one is here to support the donor during the hospital phase and 4 weeks after the transplant.
- Are out-patient chemotherapy/infusion/radiation patients with their caregiver and need a place to stay during their treatment phase.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a healthcare crisis or medical hardship, you may be eligible for free accommodations to the Martha’s Vineyard Family House. Read our full FAQ for more answers to common questions.
If you are interested in contacting us for accommodations during your stay in Pensacola, please submit your information below.
If you are not contacted within 24 hours call 850-469-1466
110 West Strong Street
Pensacola, Florida 32501
850 469 1466
Filling a need in our community.
Martha’s Vineyard: The Family House is centrally located off I-110 in downtown Pensacola, convenient to Sacred Heart, West Florida and Baptist Hospitals and area hospice and medical facilities.
Martha’s Vineyard is currently a 3,900 square-foot house. We have five bedrooms and five full bathrooms. We also have in the Carriage House two one-bedroom efficiencies with kitchenettes for out-patient chemotherapy/out-patient kidney transplant patients and their caregivers. We offer the availability of two washers and two dryers. We also offer a selection of to-go snacks, fruits, soups, drinks, etc. The house is also equipped with Wi-Fi.
Our Family House is serving an unmet, growing need in the community. We are currently under renovation to provide 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms in the main house and TWO one-bedroom efficiencies for out-patient cancer therapy and/or out-patient kidney transplant patients and their caregiver on the ground floor of the existing carriage house. This will be a FIRST for Pensacola! A facility that can house BOTH kinds of families. Those who have loved ones in our area hospitals, rehabs, and hospice centers AND Out-Patient Cancer treatment and/or out-patient kidney transplant patients who have to travel here. We plan to open in late Spring of 2021. We invite you to be part of the journey.
Get in touch, donate or sign up for our e-newsletter to stay updated on all our new and exciting developments.
If you’re in need of our services, please fill out the application above. All rooms are usually booked in advance. If you are not contacted within 24 hours call 850-469-1466.
To learn more, please visit our FAQ page.